Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kangkong/Liseron d'eau/Water spinach

Kangkong ( water spinach ) is widely available in Asian store. So when i see a pack of kangkong, i had in my mind to cook Sinigang but since hubby isn't a fan of dish with tamarind i opted to cook my bunch of kangkong in a simplest way, boiled!
                                            leaves and tender stems of kangkong
I think, i tried only once cooking adobong kangkong i just sautéed garlic, onions and put little vinegar and soy sauce on it. As i said, i did it the more easier and quick meal for us. I just boiled it in water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and serve it with bagoong alamang ( shrimp paste )
boiled kangkong 
I served boiled kangkong with white rice and chinese crispy pork on the side. We all loved it! :)

No comments: