Monday, January 24, 2011

Bola-bola

I made bola-bola ( meatballs ) that i brought for our new year's eve to my friend's place ika nga bilog-bilog so pampasuwerte. I actually make meatballs from time to time and even make my own gravy sauce with button  mushrooms. What a coincidence because there were also bola-bola in the table, my friend also made but it was beefballs and mine was porkballs well, never mind! the suwerte will be in double hehehe :) here's how i made my bola-bola :
                                                        (this photo was taken long time ago)
250 g ground pork 
1 egg
1 chopped onion
salt and pepper
onion chives ( i omitted )
instead i put one tablespoon of chapelure - dried breadcrumbs 
cooking oil 
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and form balls using a spoon ( it depends which size you would like your meatballs, if wants smaller use a teaspoon or if wishing bigger use a tablespoon when measuring )
                                                    i made 40 meatballs using tablespoon yipee!!
In a deep frying pan, heat the oil and gently fry them for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown ( be careful not to burn it specially when the fire is set on maximum ) to avoid it, turning them frequently :) when cooked, drained and use paper towel to removed the excess oil.
 1 sachet of cream sauce mix for meatballs and lingonberry jam from ikea food
When in a hurry of eating my meatballs and have no time of making my own sauce. Ready made sauce ( gravy ) is always available in the panty. Enjoying my meatballs dipping with lingonberry jam in a swedish way. Yum! :) Next time will try to make sweet and sour meatballs hmmm...

No comments: