Friday, February 17, 2012

Biscuit base for cheesecakes

Cheesecake will always be my favorite! I used to bring cheesecake when there's occasion like birtthdays or gatherings. My first cheesecake experience was blueberry cheesecake since then i get hooked. With the help of my two round baking tray for cheesecake ( oh i've also got a square last december ) i could prepare the biscuit base in advance :)
i used 125g biscuits ( about 24pcs ) each tray ( digestive biscuits, grahamsablé or speculoos )
i preferred speculoos because it's good and no need to add sugar. I crushed the biscuits using rolling pin and used strainer to make sure not having bigger pieces. Note that the crushed biscuits doesn't need to be super fine for me, i like when there's a small bits :)
Add 1/2 cup of melted butter into biscuit crumbs then press into baking tray using hands...
or press more firmly using fingers :)
put plastic film and place it in the freezer 
When the cheesecake calls for, i already have biscuit base ready on hand :)

No comments: