Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cheesy cakes

I wasn't born under the year of rat, but i am very into cheeeessseeee. I like everything with cheese mapa-meal, sauces, at maging sa mga desserts ( it shows! hahaha ) Obviously, i like to bake cheesecakes! Aside from some prints and research of different kinds on how baking cheesecakes over the internet, i treated myself by buying a cheesecake recipe book last week :)
                                                      cheesecakes recipes bought at Fnac
I find this recipe books more interesting among above all. The way how they indicated the substitute ingredients from the usual american cheesecakes recipes. The photos inside mades me drool all the time! each time i turn the page hehehe :)
                                                    philadelphia cheese bought at monoprix
I am so very lucky to be in france wherein you can find loads of varieties of cheese. I cannot spend my whole life trying them all ( super dame ) One day, doing a food shopping i spotted a cream cheese "Philadelphia" for the first time in the supermarket ( napakadalang ng trademark na ito ) medyo cosy but i didn't hesitate to buy it of course ( before i had to ask pa my aunt in uk to buy for me kasi wala talaga nito dito ) My aunt gave me 2 kinds of philadelphia ( nature/plain and one with chive flavor ) as pasalubong directly from uk ang galing! talagang dinalhan ako and naka well pack pa ( super request ) and bonus kasi she bought it daw na promo price pa wow! Aside from using a substitute cream cheese here, ( kasi nga ang hirap talaga hanapin ng philadelphia and ang mahal pa ) i also discovered some trademarks of white cheese ( less expensive ) that can be a good when baking cheesecakes. Hmm... philadelphia cheese! magiging cheesecake ka din! Yum! By the way, i am planning to make a no bake cheesecake ( from the recipe book ) this coming halloween and this would be my messiest cheesecake of them all!! Grrrr.... ;)

No comments: